Nostalgia is a dangerous thing, but the success of World of Warcraft Classic proves that people were right to fawn over the past. Blizzard’s official vanilla servers harken back to a time when MMOs were decidedly more challenging and inherently social, making even the act of corralling a group of players and doing a dungeon feel like a grand adventure. But just because Classic gets things right that modern expansions like Battle for Azeroth sometimes stumble over doesn’t mean World of Warcraft has gotten worse over time.World of Warcraft has evolved and changed so much that the Classic and modern incarnation almost feel like different games—apples and oranges, and all that. But even though I’m having a blast exploring Azeroth as it existed in 2006, there are a few things I miss about modern Warcraft.Quests that don’t bore me to deathIf there’s one area where Classic Warcraft absolutely blows, it’s in the quest design. Those jokes about killing 15 boars aren’t funny when you’re level 30 and staring down a gauntlet of boring, repetitive quests on the 100-plus hour grind to reach max level. And what’s really warped is you feel lucky when you have quests to do because the… Read full this story
- WoW Factor: The zones that changed the most from Classic, Eastern Kingdoms edition
- WoW Factor: Thoughts on the impending arrival of WoW Classic
- WoW Factor: Three thoughts on the latest WoW Classic stress test
- World of Warcraft Classic Review
- The Death Penalty Mechanic and Loss Aversion in MMO Design
- First impressions of Worlds Adrift: Innovation, Zelda, open-world PvP, and that sinking feeling
- Global Chat: Can you play WoW Classic casually?
- Impressions of Project Gorgon from an Asheron’s Call player
- Why ExitLag Is Amazing For Reducing MMORPG Ping
- MMO Week in Review: Where Blizzard goes, the MMO genre follows?
5 things modern World of Warcraft does better than Classic have 316 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.