Dauntless, Phoenix Labs’ monster slaying co-op game, is leaving early access soon, apparently, despite doing the exact same thing in May. That was the official launch, but it won’t hit 1.0 until later this month. Untangling the release state of a game is hard work these days.
The launch—for real this time—will be accompanied by a seasonal expansion, Aether Unbound, introducing a new weapon, Hunt Pass and a bounty system. You’ll be able to put your new gear to good use senselessly slaughtering wonders of nature, including the new Dire Behemoth and Tempestborne Stormclaw.
Phoenix Labs’ plans for Dauntless after 1.0 can also be browsed in the surprisingly flashy but slightly overdesigned roadmap.
I quite enjoyed my first few adventures in Dauntless, with its streamlined Monster Hunter formula and nearly instant battles. I thought I wanted to get straight to the good stuff, the fights, and at first that was definitely true, but I ended up starting to miss all the exploration, tracking and complexity of Capcom’s romp and never went back.
Dauntless 1.0 launches on September 26.
- Co-op horror game The Blackout Club emerges from Early Access in July
- Xbox Game Preview brings early access to Xbox One, adds free demo options
- Mortal Kombat 11 Releases Sindel in Early Access
- The best early access Prime Day deals for kids: Fire Tablets, iPad, smartwatches
- Scoffing food, constant selfies and leaving early for more booze: Married At First Sight and Love Island stars takeover the ARIA Awards ...as fans question 'why are you even there?'
- 'We are way too lit!' MAFS' Martha Kalifatidis and boyfriend Michael Brunelli enjoy free beverages at the ARIA awards before leaving early
- Pelosi calls for investments in child care, early education
- CBS All Access Wants to Save
- Increase Employee Job Satisfaction With Early-Pay Apps
- Staircases in Space: Why Are Places in Science Fiction Not Wheelchair-Accessible?