A polarizing final episode, be damned: Game of Thrones won the 2019 Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. The honor marks the show’s fourth win in the category. Prior to tonight, Game of Thrones has received 10 Primetime Emmy awards: three for Outstanding Drama series, two for directing, two for writing, and three for Peter Dinklage (Best Supporting Actor). The show has also won 47 technical awards throughout the years. Including tonight’s win for Best Drama, as well as another award for Peter Dinklage for Best Supporting Actor, that brings the total number of Emmys won by Game of Thrones to 59. This final season of Game of Thrones was divisive among critics and fans alike, but the show’s mark on pop culture is undeniable, with networks and studios clamoring to fill the gap it has left. At least two prequel series set in the world of Westeros are in the works at HBO.
- 'I’ve felt very hated recently': Emotional Billie Eilish breaks down as she wins Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards... after performing new Bond theme live for the first time
- Hollyoaks storms Inside Soap Awards as Steph Davies wins Best Actress and show scoops top gong
- Which Assassin's Creed game has the best setting?
- What is the best Oscar-winning film of all time?
- New Zealand reports zero new coronavirus cases for the fourth time and the second day in a row as it prepares to ease lockdown tonight
- Trump 'inclined toward not going' to correspondents' dinner for fourth time
- Frank Lampard’s home raided by thieves for FOURTH time as late Leicester chief Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha is also targeted
- The Hindu is India’s fastest growing English daily, fourth time in a row
- STEAM Corner: Math Games Are the Best Games
- The Lego Ninjago game is free for a limited time
Game of Thrones wins Best Drama for the fourth time have 309 words, post on www.polygon.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.