Las Vegas Weekly Staff Thu, Sep 12, 2019 (2 a.m.) On a blazing hot afternoon, several friends cool off and gather for a game of cards inside the Jolly Beans Cafe, a local coffee shop in west Henderson. Board games are piled on a nearby shelf. Posters advertising community services and events line a bulletin board. Some of the friends live in Inspirada, a master-planned community that opened in 2007. In a way, Inspirada represents a new era of Henderson communities that offer a mix of housing types, local businesses and walkable streets. It’s a different feel than the mostly single-family homes in Green Valley North or Seven Hills that were built with car travel in mind. “I’m happy here,” says café patron and Inspirada resident Barbara Connolly between rounds of cards. “I’m not going back to New York.” Inspirada was one of the only properties in west Henderson when Connolly moved in several years ago. Today, it remains seemingly remote, bound by vacant land to the west and the north. But that ‘s changing fast. Northwest of Inspirada is a 55-acre parcel purchased by the Raiders to serve as the football team’s new corporate headquarters and practice facility. Farther… Read full this story
- The crazy world of Burning Man – festival survival guide
- California’s Paso Robles wine route: top 10 guide
- Tech City gets top boss
- The Transition by Luke Kennard review – how to grow up
- Mason Greenwood, Jamie Vardy and Jordan Henderson: The stats you didn't know
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Pre-Order Guide - Release Date, Retailer Bonuses, And More
- How to design a smart city that’s built on empowerment—not corporate surveillance
- Here's What Happens Behind the Scenes of Chip and Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Market: 'The Chemistry Is Real'
- These Are the Drugs Influencing Pop Culture Now
- 'Just call me Harry!': Prince DROPS his royal title as he returns to Britain without Meghan to launch an eco-friendly tourism firm in Edinburgh - after arriving by train
Henderson is happening: A guide to Nevada’s fastest-growing city have 322 words, post on lasvegasweekly.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.