KFC’s weird attempt to corner the gamer market continues. Recently the company ran a “World Cup of Games” competition on social media, asking people to vote for their favorite games. With almost 100,000 votes the winner was Rainbow Six Siege, beating out Minecraft in the final round. As the KFC Gaming Twitter account said at the time, “The turnout from the community was huge… guess we’ll have to put together a reward for the R6 Siege family”.
Now we’ve got a hint what that reward might be, with a video that shows competitive Rainbow Six players fragging each other to a soundtrack of loud guitar and growling, accompanied by the words, “Cash and chicken to be won”, “See you there #KFCR6”, and “September 23”.
Sure sounds like there’s going to be an esports event sponsored by KFC announced on September 23. How will Colonel Sanders find time for this and starring in his own dating sim?
What an odd turn of events. I do feel like some fried chicken now, but admittedly that’s my default state and I’d rather have Korean fried chicken, which is the best kind and would also make way more sense as an esports sponsor.
- Rainbow Six: Siege review
- Ubisoft files lawsuit against Rainbow Six: Siege cheat maker who bragged on BBC
- KFC launches four new deals including a fillet burger meal for £4
- Rainbow LGBT Pride Flag Will Fly Permanently at Stonewall National Monument
- EU blocks Siemens-Alstom merger citing 'serious' competition issues
- Netflix announces UK profits have risen by 60 PER CENT in the past year with revenues of £42m amid warnings of increased competition from joint ITV and BBC venture Britbox
- U.S. Justice Department to announce procurement collusion 'strike force'
- E-commerce competition flares up as holiday shopping season begins
- RPSC assistant engineer competitive exam 2018 date, exam pattern
- Vietnamese team wins int’l smart city initiative competition