The feds have nabbed a reputed Bloods gang member and charged him with committing a cold-blooded 2016 double homicide to boost his street cred. Taheem Smith, 25, is charged with shooting and killing David Arzu, 29, and Janelle Curella, 28, on the night of Sept. 2, 2016 during a robbery that turned deadly. “As alleged, the defendant murdered an innocent man and woman to increase and maintain his own standing in the ruthless Bloods street gang,” said U.S. Attorney Richard Donoghue in the news release. Taheem was charged on Friday with 11 counts, including murder in aid of racketeering, robbery, firearms charges and narcotics. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to life in prison. He was arrested on Thursday and is being held without bail. According to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s office in Brooklyn, Smith and a co-conspirator came upon Arzu, Curella and their two of their friends on Center Avenue near Oak Avenue near the Long Island Railroad stop in Bay Shore, brandished a firearm and demanded money and valuables. A struggle ensued and Arzu and Curella were both shot. They later died of their wounds.
- 'We stand with Gary Jubelin': Thousands sign petition to drop charges into top homicide cop who ran the search for William Tyrrell
- US Election 2016 Results: Five reasons Donald Trump won
- ‘A double bombshell’: Final hours of missing Sydney model Revelle Balmain
- Jeffrey Epstein’s autopsy more consistent with homicidal strangulation than suicide: forensic expert
- Rate of children being admitted to US emergency rooms for sexual abuse has more than doubled in just seven years as the number of human trafficking cases rises
- Sadiq’s London: Knife Crime, Gun Crime, Theft, Burglary, Rape, Homicide all MASSIVELY Up
- Young father appears in court charged with murdering seven-week-old son in Victoria
- Venezuela charges two intelligence officials over death of detained officer
- Mother charged with murdering daughters Mia and Tiana Djurasovic
- Culpable homicide: Defendant accuses police of demanding N150, 000 bribe
Reputed Bloods member charged in 2016 double homicide have 328 words, post on nypost.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.