Managing Windows 10 updates will always be a struggle for Microsoft Microsoft is overhauling how it delivers Windows 10 updates. But the almost infinite variation of PCs will make that an uphill struggle. Microsoft has annoyed some of its 900 million Windows 10 device users after apparently removing the ‘Use offline account’ as part of its effort to herd users towards its cloud-based Microsoft Account. Microsoft Microsoft discloses security breach of customer support database Microsoft attacks Slack by trying to be really, really boring I tried Microsoft’s new browser on my MacBook and got a peculiar surprise Microsoft Office ProPlus to switch Chrome search to Bing, and people are pissed (CNET) 18 Excel tips every user should master (TechRepublic) The offline local account is specific to one device, while the Microsoft Account can be used to log in to multiple devices and comes with the benefit of Microsoft’s recent work on passwordless authentication with Windows Hello. The local account doesn’t require an internet connection or an email address – just a username and password that are stored on the PC. ZDNet’s Ed Bott argues the local account is inferior from a usability and security standpoint.SEE: 30 things you should never… Read full this story
- Update Windows 10 NOW: Major Microsoft security flaw could let hackers use Cortana to bypass your password and access private files your computer
- Windows 10 UWP Now Supports Uncapped Framerates
- You Can Now Use Alexa Hands-Free on Windows 10
- Free Windows 10 Upgrades Will End Next Week
- Every Single Windows 10 Version You Must Know About
- How Much Space Do You Need to Run Windows 10?
- How to Set Up Your Printer in Windows 10
- How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10
- Dark Mode vs. Night Light: Which Should You Use in Windows 10?
- The Chromium Based Microsoft Edge Web Browser Arrives in January on Windows 10
Windows 10 users fume: Microsoft, where's our 'local account' option gone? have 296 words, post on www.zdnet.com at September 30, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.