Vietnam is the only country in the GMS that has participated in all three economic corridors. They include the north-south corridor that connects Vietnam with China, the east-west to link Thua Thien-Hue province and Da Nang city in the central region with Laos and all the way to Thailand and Myanmar and finally the southern one bridging HCM City with Phnom Penh and Bangkok. According to Vietnamese Deputy Minister of Transport Le Dinh Tho, with financial aid from sponsors, especially the Asian Development Bank (ADB), and concerted efforts, Vietnam has been completing works within these important connectivity corridors. Connecting with China, Vietnam put the Kunming – Lao Cai – Hanoi – Hai Phong expressway into use in December 2015. Notably, the Hanoi – Lao Cai expressway with a total length of 264 km and investment of 1.2 billion USD sourced from the ADB was considered a strategic part of the Kunming – Lao Cai – Hanoi – Hai Phong road corridor under the cooperation programme between the six GMS countries, namely Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar and China. The expressway, the longest of its kind in Vietnam, was put into operation in September 2014 as part of the North –… Read full this story
- Does 'It Gets Better' Make Life Better for Gay Teens?
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 22
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 20
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JULY 25
- Ho Chi Minh City to prioritise regional linkages via transport infrastructure projects
- Legal gaps must be removed for better rooftop solar power in Vietnam: GIZ
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 21
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 25
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JULY 19
GMS transport projects make Vietnam better connected have 253 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at October 30, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.