Pokemon Sword and Shield arrive on Nintendo Switch next month, and The Pokemon Company has more to share about the games ahead of their launch. The company has announced a new Galar Research Update video will drop tomorrow, October 16, promising some more new details about the Switch RPGs.
The Pokemon Company hasn’t teased what we can expect from tomorrow’s update, only that it will drop at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET. Previous videos have revealed new Gen 8 Pokemon and game mechanics, so we’ll presumably get our first look at some of those in the video, although nothing has been confirmed as of yet.
— Ghost-type Pokémon (@Pokemon) October 15, 2019
The last video The Pokemon Company aired was a 24-hour “livestream” from the Glimwood Tangle, a mysterious forest area in the Galar region. While that broadcast was largely uneventful, it did reveal a new Pokemon: Galarian Ponyta. This form is exclusive to Pokemon Shield and has a billowy purple mane much like a unicorn.
Pokemon Sword, meanwhile, will be the only place players can encounter Sirfetch’d–a Galar-exclusive evolution of Farfetch’d. You can check out all the other new Gen 8 Pokemon revealed so far in our gallery.
Pokemon Sword and Shield launch for Nintendo Switch on November 15. Download cards for the games have reportedly started appearing in stores in Japan and reveal the titles’ file size is 10.3 GB. For more on the games, be sure to check out our Pokemon Sword and Shield pre-order guide.
Pokemon Sword And Shield News
- Abba record new music: ‘We may have come of age but the song is new’
- New apartment complex, retail spaces coming to New Haven
- ‘Orange is the New Black’ star Uzo Aduba coming to Off-Broadway
- Can you help New Englander solve Shields mystery?
- New augmented reality features are coming to Facebook and Instagram
- Mountain biking gets new home in Vietnam Info Alert Alert Chia sẻ bài viết qua e-mail
- Amazon’s new Echo Dot Kids Edition comes with a colorful case and parental controls
- New York Immigration Forum set for tomorrow
- Business Briefs: New office space and retail coming to Intown
- New $180-million AEON MALL coming to Haiphong