Fans of Paradox strategy games like Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis famously spend thousands of hours on their single-player experiences. While those games also have multiplayer modes, they’re more much more challenging to play for extended periods of time. That could change with Stellaris: Galaxy Command, a multiplayer version of the 4X strategy game now in limited beta on iOS and Android.
“In the aftermath of a devastating, inter-dimensional invasion, the victorious galactic community must now pick up the pieces and rebuild their civilizations,” Paradox writes.
The teaser trailer that the developers provided (seen above) is light on specifics, but the press release is slightly more detailed. Gameplay will center around managing a single space station, and require players to form alliances spanning multiple worlds. It also says the game will rely on player-forged alliances in a persistent world, include fleet-scale combat, and be playable in “bite-sized bursts.”
Here’s hoping that the product lives up to the legacy of other great 4X games on mobile — titles like Neptune’s Pride and Subterfuge.
Galaxy Command is currently only available as a beta for players in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Sweden. Pre-registration for players in other regions is available online.
- Strategy Games - Classic Online Games Are Back
- Final Fortress - An Exciting Flash Strategy Game!
- Strategy Game Sterility - An Exciting Genre Dumbed Down
- Some Of The Popular Real Time Strategy Games
- Adults Love Strategy Games
- The Best Online Strategy Games
- Business Marketing Strategy Games: What Games are You Involved in?
- Mobile Games - Best Handheld Entertainer!
- Computer Puzzle Game
- Mobile Content Providers Unschooled to Proffer 3G Content