By Nicole Drum – November 19, 2019 02:03 am EST Share 0 Comments 0 Sunday night’s episode of Batwoman introduced not one, but two new characters into the Arrowverse. On the villain front, The Rifle (Garfield Wilson) made his debut in “Tell Me the Truth” and potentially set up for the arrival of Many Arms of Death but there was a “good guy” introduced as well with Julia Pennyworth, daughter of Batman’s iconic beloved butler Alfred. However Batwoman’s Julia, played by Christina Wolfe, may have looked a bit different from what fans of the comics may have expected. Now, Batwoman showrunner Caroline Dries explains why they went the direction they did with the character. In Sunday night’s episode, Julia pays Gotham a visit in pursuit of The Rifle but ends up donning the Batwoman suit to help trick Sophie (Meagan Tandy) into believing that Kate (Ruby Rose) isn’t actually Batwoman. That element of things — the deception regarding Kate’s secret identity — is the reason ultimately the reason why Julia Pennyworth ended up being played by a Caucasian actress, rather than a mixed race one more in keeping with how the character is presented in comics. “Yeah, we stressed about… Read full this story
- Honda shows us a different Accord with the 2013 Coupe
- An artist is illustrating the entire iTunes Terms and Conditions in the style of different comics
- In an age of anger, TV shows take a different path: They're sad
- DC Comics' Publishers Talk About the Controversy Around
- One of Comics’ Coolest Creators Returns Because 'It's So Hard to Do a Perfect Comic'
- Vaccines work, and here are the facts: an illustrated explainer
- Daredevil Can’t Sense the Danger in My Favorite Scene From This Week’s Comics. What's Yours?
- SWEAR TO ME You'll Watch This Comic Con Video
- Here's a Great Demo of How Different Drivetrains Handle the Snow
- Boycotting Bill Cosby Means A Different World Too
Batwoman Showrunner Explains Why the Show's Julia Pennyworth Differs From Comics have 322 words, post on comicbook.com at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.