The third episode of Vader Immortal, the Oculus Quest VR experience, is going to end in style. The game will recreate the experience of facing off against Sith Lord Darth Vader in lightsaber combat, surelt fulfilling the childhood dreams of many of its players. Previous episodes have brought you face to face with Vader, but now for the first time in the series you’ll be able to battle against him with your own weapon.
A new post on the official Star Wars website digs into the final chapter of Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series. The post discusses how the game–which was written by David S. Goyer (Terminator: Dark Fate, The Dark Knight, Blade II) and is considered part of the Star Wars canon–will wrap up.
The final chapter, which will release on November 21, follows on from the first two episodes, which saw the playable character (a Force-sensitive smuggler) get captured by Vader and learn how to wield their Force powers. This time players will be trying to prevent Vader from activating a powerful artifact that will destroy life on Mustafar; to do so, you’ll have to break into Vader’s castle and fight him.
Because of your new Force powers, you’ll be able to pull objects towards yourself, including Stormtrooper blasters. You’ll also be able to incite battles between Vader’s drone army and an Imperial battalion. And then, at the game’s conclusion, you’ll face off against Vader; but because the events here are canon, don’t expect him to die. You’ve previously been able to fight Darth Vader in both the first and second Star Wars: The Force Unleashed games, but those are now non-canon–this one counts.
- When will Star Wars 9’s trailer be released? Potential Super Bowl release date for latest movie
- Star Wars episode 9 spoilers suggest a return for Darth Vader
- Seven rare Star Wars figures – collectable action figures and sets, including Boba Fett, Darth Vader and the Millennium Falcon
- Star Wars: Episode IX title may have leaked on reddit
- Jamie Oliver lands dream role as a stormtrooper in next year’s Star Wars Episode IX film
- How old is Daisy Ridley, what’s the Star Wars: The Last Jedi actress’ net worth and who does she play in Peter Rabbit?
- How old is John Boyega? Star Wars actor who plays Finn and is also in Pacific Rim Uprising
- Disney World’s new Star Wars Rise of the Resistance attraction rumoured to be 28 MINUTES long
- The Identity of Darth Vader's Father Finally REVEALED
- Star Wars fans use lightsabers to battle stress and the ‘Dark Side’ in latest mindfulness craze