Tencent, as part of its partnership with Nintendo, is hoping to make console games with Nintendo characters in its bid to expand from China into the United States and Europe. Tencent and Nintendo were at ChinaJoy 2019, the largest gaming and digital entertainment expo in Asia, in August to unveil the strategy for releasing the Nintendo Switch into China. The partnership, first revealed in April, will see Tencent take charge in localizing Nintendo’s presence in China, which includes translating certain Nintendo Switch titles such as Super Mario Odyssey and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild into simplified Chinese, and setting up local servers for Nintendo Switch Online. A Wall Street Journal report, however, reveals that Tencent is looking to further leverage its partnership with Nintendo beyond bringing its massively successful hybrid console into China, as the company seeks to expand from China and target gamers in the U.S. and Europe. “We hope to create console games with Nintendo characters, and learn the essence of making console games from Nintendo engineers,” a Tencent official, who asked to remain anonymous, told the Wall Street Journal. The long-term benefit of such a project will be the chance to learn from Nintendo… Read full this story
- 30 games Nintendo should include on the Super NES Classic Edition
- Dark Souls Trilogy, Code Vein, Kingdom Hearts and more top console games for £30 or less
- Yu Suzuki: I've Never Been Able To Do Everything I Wanted With A Game
- Someone should make a game about: the nine times table
- Angry Birds boss believes console gaming is "dying"
- Using deep learning to make video game characters move more realistically
- 'I was a kid in the backyard pretending to fight aliens': Chris Hemsworth reveals how playing make-believe games with his brothers Luke and Liam set him up to become an action hero
- This Witcher 3 mod somehow makes the game look even better and it just got a new version
- Isaiah Thomas says Cavaliers don’t make in-game adjustments, Tyronn Lue says that’s untrue
- Bethesda is changing the lore of Fallout 76 to make the game better
Tencent wants to make console games with Nintendo characters for U.S., Europe have 353 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 10, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.