WASHINGTON: One top national security aide who listened to President Donald Trump’s July call with Ukraine’s president called it “improper.” Another said it was “unusual.” The two testified Tuesday at House impeachment hearings as the inquiry reached deeper into the White House. Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, an Army officer at the National Security Council, and Jennifer Williams, his counterpart at Vice President Mike Pence’s office, said they had concerns as Trump spoke on July 25 with the newly elected Ukraine president about political investigations into Democrat Joe Biden. “What I heard was inappropriate,” Vindman told lawmakers. Said Williams, “I found the July 25th phone call unusual because, in contrast to other presidential calls I had observed, it involved discussion of what appeared to be a domestic political matter.” Vindman, a 20-year military officer arrived at Capitol Hill in military blue with a chest full of service medals, and said he reported his concerns “out of a sense of duty.” He did so, he said, “because they had significant national security implications for our country.” An immigrant, who arrived in the U.S. as a toddler from Ukraine, Vindman told the panel he was grateful his father brought the family to the… Read full this story
- Someone Had a ‘Meltdown’ at the White House. Pelosi and Trump Just Disagree on Who.
- LeBron James Slams Donald Trump: ‘Going to White House Was a Great Honor Until You Showed Up!’
- US ambassador to EU had 'private meeting with top Ukrainian officials at the White House where he was overheard talking about gas firm linked to Hunter Biden'
- Democrats Abandon White House Meeting on Syria Citing Donald Trump ‘Meltdown’
- Donald Trump Urges Prayers for ‘Very Sad’ Nancy Pelosi After White House Meeting
- Joe Biden to Donald Trump: 'Release your tax returns or shut up'
- 'That translator is all of us': Social media VERY amused by Italian translator's reaction to Donald Trump - as he is mocked for saying U.S. has shared history with Italy dating back to ancient Rome
- Trump, Pelosi clash in heated White House meeting on Syria
- Trump impeachment: State department official says he was sidelined by 'three amigos' as White House obscured traditional diplomacy
- Donald Trump's EU ambassador to testify to Congress following bombshell report he asked Ukrainian officials about Biden-linked energy company during private White House meeting
Top White House aides call Donald Trump call 'improper,' 'unusual' have 384 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.