The 32-year-old, who is based in Canada, grew up in Victoria where his father was premier of the state from 1999 to 2007. For the past nine years, he’s travelled the world as a mental health advocate sharing his story about his struggles to overcome a problematic relationship with alcohol. Speaking with news.com.au, Bracks recalled one of the most challenging moments came after a car accident when he was 20. The accident occurred while he was under the influence and a friend was injured. Nick was also subsequently charged. “It was a wake-up call,” he told news.com.au. “I wasn’t willing to be honest with myself and about my feelings. I wasn’t willing to face reality. “I didn’t like who I was. In fact, I probably hated myself then. I was overwhelmed but didn’t know how to stop.” Nick Bracks is an actor and mental health advocate who has overcome a difficult relationship with alcohol. Picture: Supplied/Nick BracksSource:Supplied Bracks didn’t start drinking until he was 18, although he admits there were early indications he suffered from anxiety and a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. “As a 12-year-old I was running myself into the ground. I wanted to be a professional and I… Read full this story
- Aus Open PIX: Djokovic, Halep advance; Dimitrov stuns Thiem
- JLF 2021: Priyanka Chopra Reveals How Nick Jonas Swept Her Off Her Feet, And Other Quotes
- Nick Kyrgios makes a romantic gesture to his on-off girlfriend after storming to victory at the Australian Open - just days after they deleted each other from social media and she issued cryptic message about 'cheaters'
- Australian Open: 'Passive' Djokovic passes Tiafoe test as Kyrgios thrills the crowd
- Gerard Depardieu is charged with rape: French actor, 72, is accused of attacking a young actress in 2018
- Nick Kyrgios shows rare vulnerability revealing his 'dark thoughts' during miracle Australian Open comeback and how he was inspired to stunning win by best mate Thanasi Kokkinakis - and 'all the s**t he would cop' if he lost
- Nick Kyrgios pulls off stunning comeback by saving two match points and winning five-set Australian Open thriller - after threatening to walk off the court in dispute with umpire
- Children Of Bodom's Alexi Laiho's cause of death was 'alcohol-induced' liver degeneration
- Gauahar Khan's team says actor complying with BMC norms on COVID-19
- Tennis: Djokovic defies injury to reach Australian Open last eight
Actor Nick Bracks opens up about his battle with alcohol and what it took to come back from the brink have 394 words, post on www.news.com.au at January 18, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.