This is the moment a suspected British coronavirus patient who had returned from Wuhan was loaded into an ambulance by a hazmat-clad paramedic. Drew Bennett, 39, is feared to have contracted the potentially deadly virus during a recent holiday to the Chinese city at the heart of the outbreak and is currently in isolation at a Birmingham hospital. The sales worker returned from Wuhan on New Years’ Eve and quickly developed flu-like symptoms before becoming too unwell to leave his bed. But he revealed today that when he visited his GP on Monday he was told to go home – despite fears the highly contagious virus is poised to claim its first British victim. The advice given by his doctor contradicted health bosses’ warning that suspected coronavirus patients must be ‘locked in a room alone straight away’. Guidance issued to GPs by Public Health England last week ordered them to put patients in a separate room, close the door and ‘don’t let them touch anything or anyone’. At 4.20pm on Monday an ambulance carrying medics in hazmat suits was sent to Mr Bennett’s address in Harborne, Birmingham. He was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital to have blood tests, where he remains in… Read full this story
- Coronavirus update: Anzac Day services cancelled, stock market cops record drop while Trump tells shoppers to 'just relax'
- Coronavirus update: No COVID-19 patients left in Wuhan's hospitals, Spain's children allowed outside for first time in weeks
- Coronavirus update: Traffic stops, air raid sirens wail as Beijing mourns 3,000 dead
- Slowed by the Coronavirus, China Inc. Struggles to Reopen
- Coronavirus Jumps the Border, Overwhelming Hospitals in California
- Four Missouri school districts agree to let students skip COVID quarantine, return to classes, sports
- Coronavirus: 14 new cruise passengers have virus - as they leave quarantined ship for USA
- Patient stories: ‘GP said I might be blocked up. At hospital they told me I was heading towards sepsis’
- Andrew Bailey urges 2m to return to jobs market
- Chinese citizens are slowly returning to normal life. Did Beijing get it right?
Coronavirus alert in Birmingham as medics in hazmat suits quarantine suspected victim after he was SENT HOME by GP - despite revealing he had just returned from Wuhan have 334 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 28, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.