The Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) has ended the first half of FY2020 with AU$250 million in after-tax profit, on revenue of AU$546 million.Revenue was comprised of almost AU$114 million from listings and issuer services; AU$159 million from derivatives and OTC revenue; trading services revenue accounted for AU$125 million, AU$53.5 million came from information services and AU$43.6 million from technical services; and equity post-trade operating revenue for the six-month period totalled AU$58.6 million.Operating expenses came in at AU$114.4 million. Included in that figure, equipment costs increased by 5% to AU$16 million, with the exchange noting this was mostly due to additional licence subscriptions for cybersecurity and digital domain initiatives. “We are investing in the long-term sustainability of our business by strengthening our technology, risk and governance foundations, and upgrading our operating and service capabilities to support growth opportunities,” ASX CEO Dominic Stevens told shareholders on Thursday. Expenditure also included the continued investment in distributed ledger technology (DLT) for the ASX’s CHESS replacement project, ASX Trade platform upgrades, as well as various initiatives to “strengthen resiliency of ASX services, by continuing to contemporise platforms”. CHESS, Stevens said, is on track to open to the industry-wide test environment in July 2020 Read more:… Read full this story
- 60 of America's biggest companies paid no federal income tax in 2018
- Reliance Industries March quarter net profit jumps 10% to Rs 10,362 cr; surpasses street estimates
- ASX expected to open higher after Wall Street rebounds from bloodbath on German hopes
- Stocks in the news: Dish TV, ZEEL, Future Lifestyle, Axis Bank, DRL and TechM
- Boris Johnson shelves plans to slash corporation tax to pour £6billion into the NHS instead
- ICE feels regulatory freeze on NYSE, overall profits rise
- Exchange operator Cboe plans new data platform as profits rise
- It’s Normal for the U.S. to Put Corporate Profits Above Babies’ Health
- America First! Defiant Trump posts simple two-word tweet after refusing to sanction Saudi Arabia and its crown prince over Jamal Khashoggi's death, insisting he will not risk losing 'hundreds of billions of dollars to Russia and China'
- Israel's Wix.com third quarter profit up, trims 2019 revenue outlook
ASX posts AU$250m after-tax H1 profit as it builds the 'exchange for the future' have 343 words, post on www.zdnet.com at February 12, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.