MELBOURNE: Researchers have uncovered a strong link between the consumption of certain food groups like vegetables and cereals, and memory loss and heart disease, findings that may lead to better dietary recommendations for older people. The study, published in the International Journal of Public Health, assessed data from 1,39,000 older Australians, and found associations between certain food groups like vegetables and cereals, memory loss and co-occurring cases of heart disease and diabetes. According to the researchers, including Luna Xu from the University of Technology Sydney in Australia, a high consumption of fruit and vegetables is linked to lowered odds of memory loss, and its comorbid heart disease. They said a high consumption of protein-rich foods is associated with a better memory. This link between food group and memory status may vary among different older age groups, the study noted, pointing to the need for age-specific healthy dietary guidelines. People aged 80 years and over with a low consumption of cereals are at the highest risk of memory loss and its comorbid heart disease, the researchers said. “Our present study implies that the healthy eating suggestions of cereals consumption in the prevention of memory loss and comorbid heart disease for older… Read full this story
- What Is The Scarsdale Diet? Does It Help In Weight Loss?
- Lectin-free Diet: Benefits, Risks, Foods To Eat And Avoid
- 9 Healthy Greek Foods To Improve Your Overall Health
- Can Apple Helps Prevent The Risk Of Prostate Cancer?
- 6 Healthy Ways To Eat Potatoes
- Pregnancy Massage: Benefits, Risks, When To Avoid And Tips To Follow
- 16 Fun Toppings And Recipes To Make Your Tacos Healthy And Tasty!
- The best packaged breakfast cereals for kids
- The 10 nutrients your body needs to fight off infection: A healthy immune system has never been so important. Now, a new book by a leading scientist reveals your prescription for staying fighting fit
- Goat Cheese: Nutrition, Health Benefits And Ways To Eat
Eat right, stay healthy: Consuming vegetables & cereal can lower risk of memory loss have 311 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at February 19, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.