It appears that Microsoft is teaming up with Nike for some kind of Xbox/Air Jordan collaboration. The official Xbox Twitter account posted a cryptic teaser today that says, “Get ready to refine the game.” An 8-second video shows the Xbox and Air Jordan “Jumpman” logos, along with a date, February 13, which is presumably when more details will be divulged.
The entire teaser is overlayed on a red background, which is probably connected to the announcement in some manner that is a mystery for now.
Air Jordan is the very famous basketball shoe and clothing line that Nike produces in partnership with basketball legend Michael Jordan.
Microsoft and Nike recently partnered for a special edition Xbox-branded Air Max 90 shoe featuring interchangeable laces and “snaps” that can be placed on different parts of the shoe. Before that, Microsoft created a Xbox-branded Air Jordan Xbox One console and a basketball shoe in partnership with Nike, so the companies have a long history of working together.
No matter what this reveal turns out to be, 2020 is a big year for Xbox. Microsoft will release the Xbox Series X (and potentially other next-gen consoles) this year, while Halo Infinite is also coming out this holiday, marking the first entry in the core series since 2015’s Halo 5.
- My Daughter Was Teased for Wearing 'Boy' Shoes on the Soccer Field
- McLaren Teases Collaboration With Mystery British Brand
- Nike LeBron XVs Are My Favorite Shoes Right Now, but I Was Skeptical About Them. Apparently I’m Not Alone
- Does Your Gamertag Have Herpes? Beware Xbox Live Enforcement United
- The Xbox One: The
- The Xbox One's Reinvention Of Watching TV And Sports Will Start Slowly
- Air Jordan Designer Tinker Hatfield Reveals His Most Hated Shoe
- Rumor About Xbox One Family-Sharing's Downsides Has Flaws of Its Own [UPDATE: Microsoft Debunks]
- Native Americans and Basketball: 6 Facts
- Zion Williamson Could Sign $100 MILLION Shoe Deal, Says Jay Williams