Home • Some Distant Memory • 1 Blast from the past Katharine Castle Hardware Editor 25th March 2020 / 7:30AM When I first played Some Distant Memory about a month ago, I would have said it was like a futuristic point and click version of Gone Home. In it, you play a mech’d-up archaeologist called Zal, who stumbles on an old house from before The Collapse, an apocalyptic event that sent the world into disarray and left only tiny pockets of humanity intact. During the course of its two-hour runtime, you poke around the house, discover old objects left behind by the family that lived there, and use them to reconstruct memories and events from them with the help of your AI robot pal Arora. It’s a sweet story, but it didn’t leave a particularly deep impression on me. Fast forward to today, when the entire country has practically gone into lockdown, and it’s taken on quite a different meaning. If someone discovered my home 300 years from now, what conclusions would they draw from it? Would they marvel at the mountains of old graphics cards stuck in my office, or would they do a big yikes at the equally… Read full this story
- (Un)forgettable: Memory Tripping with One-Hit Wonders
- Lenny and me: memories of Bernstein
- Is it heaven to be SEVEN? It’s a defining age for so many children – now celebrated in a major Tate exhibition - and as these top writers’ memories reveal, it shaped their lives... for better and for worse
- Delhi school events: Saai Memorial holds cultural extravaganza
- All Real, All Uncut Case File #140:
- Brainteaser challenges puzzlers to spot the onion among a pile of pies - so, can YOU beat the 23 second record?
- Jackson, Grizzlies spoil Parker’s night, beat Spurs 113-109
- Noel Gallagher 'wanted to wreck the charts and stamp out Phil Collins' with Oasis
- Foldable phones: all the rumored and confirmed foldable handsets
- Freddie Gibbs, Mastodon, Pile, and more in this week’s music reviews
Have You Played... Some Distant Memory? have 338 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.