North Korea has fired two unidentified projectiles, South Korea has said.They were triggered from a coastal area near Wonsan into the sea on Monday, Seoul’s military claimed.A statement by Seoul’s Joint Chiefs of Staff confirming the launches and said the projectiles flew 150 miles and reached 22 miles in altitude.It is unclear whether the weapons were ballistic or rocket artillery.The move marks the resumption of weapons demonstrations from Pyongyang following a months-long hiatus. Advertisement And it comes two days after North Korea’s state media said leader Kim Jong Un supervised an artillery drill aimed at testing the combat readiness of units in front-line and eastern areas.Nuclear diplomacy between North Korea and the US has largely stalled since the breakdown of a second summit between the North Korean leader and President Donald Trump in February 2019 in Vietnam. More from Kim Jong Un North Korea will show ‘new strategic weapon’ soon – Kim Jong Un ‘We’ll deal with it’ – Donald Trump brushes off Kim Jong Un’s threat of ‘Christmas gift’ North Korea: US braced for ‘Christmas gift’ missile launch North Korea completes ‘crucial test’ at long-range rocket site North Korea threatens to resume insulting Donald Trump in insult-ridden statement Kim… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Was Scared North Korea Fired Missiles After Watching Old Footage on Fox News, Says Lindsey Graham
- North Korea wants Pope to visit_ South to tell Vatican
- Pompeo trip to North Korea yields new summit meeting, South Korea Says
- Trump praises North Korea's Kim but says sanctions must stay for now
- China and North Korea Warn Japan as It Conducts Historic Military Drills
- China, South Korea respond to Trump's criticism on North Korea progress
- Trump Says North Korea Plans to Close Missile Site 'Very Exciting' as Kim Jong Un Promises 'Land of Peace'
- North Korea's Kim Releases Border Crosser From South
- Donald Trump Can Still Save North Korea Denuclearization Deal, But He Needs South Korea's Help
- Trump revisits wargames with South Korea as North Korea talks stall
North Korea fires two unidentified projectiles, says South have 328 words, post on news.sky.com at March 2, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.