The UK could be heading straight for a coronavirus crisis like the one which has crippled Italy, leading experts have warned. Italy last night put all of its 60million people into lockdown and banned movement between cities in a drastic bid to contain the outbreak, which has infected 9,000 people. But one scientist tracking the outbreak in the UK said Britain is following the same trajectory and could end up in a similar situation as Italy within two weeks. The number of cases in Italy has rocketed from just three on February 21 to at least 9,172. While in the UK it has jumped from nine to 373. Professor Mark Handley, at University College London, compared the rate of coronavirus infection in Italy, which is in crisis, to that in the UK, Germany, France, Spain, the US and Switzerland and found they’re growing at the same rate Images have emerged of coronavirus patients in intensive care in the Cremona Hospital in northern Italy – they are kept laying face down because it may improve the function of a ventilator, which helps failing lungs to work, by reducing the pressure on the lungs The entire of Italy is now in lockdown and… Read full this story
- UK PM Was Warned Easter Scrapping of Lockdown Could 'Fuel Thousands of Deaths, Overwhelm NHS'
- Britain's coronavirus lockdown is one of the toughest in the WORLD with Ireland the only stricter Western nation, study reveals
- Coronavirus lockdown could be eased to Tier 1 rules in May, top expert predicts
- Beijing back in coronavirus lockdown as army rounds up locals after highly contagious ‘mutant strain’ stops travel
- Is Brazilian Covid variant en route to Britain? Troublesome strain spotted in France, Italy and Faroe Islands will inevitably end up in UK, experts warn
- Everything we know about Boris Johnson's plan to end the coronavirus lockdown
- Commentary: As coronavirus lockdown eases, Boris Johnson's UK is more isolated than ever
- "Data, not dates" to be focused for easing coronavirus lockdown: UK PM
- COVID-19: Italy set to impose national lockdown over Easter weekend
- UK lawmakers approve month-long COVID-19 lockdown plan for England
'This is Britain in a fortnight': Scientist reveals UK is on same trajectory as Italy and is ‘two weeks away’ from a similar coronavirus lockdown have 339 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 10, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.