WOBURN, MA — The coronavirus shutdown has already started to hit local residents hard in their wallets. With people huddling at home and on-premise dining banned, restaurants and retailers are hurting already. And even take-out is hurting, for some: Two Woburnites, Thomas and Daniel Pak, own a small take-out restaurant in the financial district and report their revenues have fallen two-thirds “virtually overnight,” with the usual customers working from home. “The loss of traffic is what killed us,” Thomas Pak said. “The past couple of days, revenue has dropped to $300 to 400 per day. On a good day we can do $2,000, on average we bring in $1,500.” Patch is asking residents facing hardship in the outbreak of the new virus to tell their stories: workers losing wages, small business owners, parents struggling with childcare, seniors worrying about their health and anyone else with something to share. Contact Christopher Huffaker at [email protected] or 412-265-8353. Thomas Pak believes they can keep cover rent for at least a couple of months, but the biggest concern is the restaurant’s two employees. “Financially it’s tough, but I’m more worried about my employees,” Pak said. The business employs two men. One, John Blake, is… Read full this story
- Readers name their favorite local restaurants of 2015
- Amazon delivers supplies to restaurants ahead of food delivery launch
- Tehran shuts hundreds of restaurants for flouting Islam
- Mexico City: what to see plus the best bars, restaurants and hotels
- Traditional Korean for a new age: After years in the kitchen, chef Cho Hee-sook now runs a restaurant
- San Francisco’s restaurant scene: no such thing as a bad lunch
- Sat Bains: 'We are a working-class two Michelin-star restaurant'
- The top restaurants, bars and hotels for celebrity spotting in West Hollywood
- Germany: Restaurants in Weimar ordered to rename doner kebabs
- Houston's latest restaurant closings include longtime favorites
Woburn Coronavirus: Local Restaurant Owners Hit Hard By Outbreak have 302 words, post on patch.com at March 17, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.