From the Darien Police Department: DARIEN, CT — With the warmer weather upon us, the Darien Police Department wishes to offer a timely reminder to all motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we have certainly observed a marked increase in pedestrian activity around town. As always, the safety of our residents and guests is always our paramount concern. Motor vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle related statutes and regulations are enacted to provide all roadway users with very clear rights and responsibilities. If everyone follows these basic and reasonable rules, roadways users can safely co-exist. Please, take an extra minute or two and consider giving “the other guy” an additional margin of safety and distance. The Darien Police Department, your Darien Police Department, clearly believes we will all be better for it. Pedestrian responsibilities under the CT General Statutes CGS 14-300b and 14-300c Pedestrians MUST utilize a sidewalk if one is provided. All pedestrians MUST walk AGAINST traffic and as close as practicable to the edge of the road if a sidewalk is not present. One pedestrian on the edge of the road and another walking with them who is six feet into the roadway is simply not… Read full this story
- UPDATED: Police searching for missing Coventry teenager
- Why police were walking a dog through the city centre
- Live updates: Police close road due to 'major incident'
- Updates: Police disruption on M6 roundabout near Nuneaton
- Live updates: Police close several roads over 'incident'
- Updates: Police and forensics in ongoing operation on estate
- Updates: Police at school gates after report of collision
- Live updates: Police cordon off block of flats after incident
- Updates: Police tape off street as air ambulance lands nearby
- Updates: Police and forensics deal with incident in city
Darien Coronavirus Update: Police Provide Walking, Cycling Tips have 297 words, post on patch.com at April 6, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.