Developer Red Hook Studios’ brilliant but punishing Lovecraft-inspired strategy-RPG, Darkest Dungeon, is getting a brand-new chunk of paid DLC next month. It’s called The Butcher’s Circus and it, rather unexpectedly, adds PvP arena battles to the previously single-player game. Up until now, Darkest Dungeon, which initially launched in 2016, has remained a staunchly solo pursuit, tasking players with delving ever-deeper into the antediluvian corners of an ancient Hamlet and its surrounding environs – seeking treasure, avoiding traps, and battling cosmic horrors in time-honoured turn-based fashion. Its unquestionable allure was found in the sheer thrill of besting its cliff-like difficulty curve, which delighted in sending party members to the brink of madness, imbuing them with (usually) negative quirks and making already tough challenges even harder – in turn forcing a stressfully satisfying balancing act between deeper exploration and hero preservation. All of which is to say that a PvP is about the last thing I would have expected to see in Darkest Dungeon, but here we are, well outside of April Fool’s Day. According to Red Hook, The Butcher’s Circus – which is the game’s fourth bit of paid DLC, following on from The Crimson Court, Shield Breaker, Color of Madness,… Read full this story
- FAITH-BASED NETWORK LAUNCHES NEW MENTAL HEALTH WEB SITE
- Will Bourjos get on base enough to lead off?
- Gordon has speed, but can he get on base?
- Preview: Royals look to get back to .500 in New York
- Magic look to get back on track in New Orleans
- ASU to get ‘Hard Knocks’ treatment in new show
- Howard must realize New Jersey isn’t for him
- Sabres get Boyes for 2nd-round pick
- Getting to know the Mountaineers
- Bucs already in playoff mode for Saints game
Darkest Dungeon is getting an arena-based PvP mode in its new Butcher's Circus paid DLC have 293 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at April 3, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.