Streets of Rage 4, the first new Streets of Rage to come along in more than 25 years (holy cow), is a “retro revival done right,” we said in our September 2018 preview: It “plays as though it was freshly extracted from some ’90s arcade machine that never was,” while the updated hand-drawn graphical style delivers fluid motions, vivid graphics, and “fiery special moves.”There was a spot of confusion earlier this month when an April 23 release date appeared on the Nintendo eShop. Publisher Dotemu quickly said that it was inaccurate, and so it was—but not by much, as it turns out. Dotemu announced today that Streets of Rage 4 will be out on Steam (and consoles, if you’re into that) on April 30.Dotemu also dropped a new trailer today showcasing the game’s Battle Mode, a “legacy experience” from Streets of Rage 2 and 3 that gives players the ability to throw down in PvP fights with characters from Streets of Rage 4 as well as 12 unlockable retro fighters from previous games. That’s why some of the characters in the trailer look a whole lot blockier than others: They’re basically direct lifts from the early ’90s.Bringing them into the… Read full this story
- As Wall Street empties, Asia’s bankers slowly head back to work
- Mayor Bill de Blasio 'war time actions are necessary' to fight coronavirus to save lives and says New York City schools could be shut for the rest of the school year
- The Art World’s Mini-Madoff and Me
- COVID-19 chaos: Here’s how much United, Delta, and American Airlines are cutting back on service
- 'The Buzzcocks were very Mondrian and we were Pollock'
- The Brighton jihadists: bullied brothers who went into battle
- Coronavirus update: Morrison announces further restrictions, Australian cases pass 2,000, Trump lashes out as US death toll surges
Streets of Rage 4 comes out on April 30 have 297 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at April 17, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.