Boris Johnson today urged Britons not to ‘ease up’ on lockdown measures too early Britain’s preliminary daily coronavirus death toll today rose by 229 – the lowest daily jump since the end of March, as figures show the UK’s crisis is continuing to slow down. The Department of Health – which announces an official daily snapshot of deaths in all settings – has yet to provide today’s COVID-19 update. The preliminary toll is counted by adding up all the numbers provided by the health officials of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. NHS England declared 204 COVID-19 fatalities in hospitals – but some of the deaths may have been included in previous daily totals. No official body provides an update of the number of fatalities outside of hospitals in England. Scotland had five deaths in all settings, while Wales and Northern Ireland recorded another 14 and six victims in hospitals and care homes, respectively. It means 28,675 Britons have now officially died from coronavirus, Europe’s second worst death toll – second only to Italy (28,884). But top statisticians say thousands of British care home victims are still being missed because the figures only include patients who have tested positive in… Read full this story
- UK announces 2,919 more coronavirus cases 14 deaths as England braces for tougher lockdown rules from Monday amid rising cases in young people
- India’s Covid deaths inch closer to 80k as country reports around 1k new daily deaths for 3 weeks
- UK announces 3,539 more Covid-19 cases in highest rise in four months as six further deaths are recorded and experts warn the epidemic is now doubling every WEEK
- UK coronavirus daily cases hit four month high as 3,539 infections recorded in 24 hours and six deaths
- Coronavirus: UK's daily death figure jumps from three to 30
- England announces 12 more coronavirus deaths in hospitals in early count as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all record zero
- Nightmare before Christmas: Boris Johnson faces Tory rebellion as lockdown threatens to stretch for MONTHS and health chiefs refuse to release '4,000 daily deaths dossier that forced PM's hand'
- UK announces month-long virus lockdown for England
- Coronavirus may have spread in LA weeks before first official US case declared, researchers claim
- New lockdown measures feared just days away as Britain records 14,542 new Covid-19 cases - triple what they were a fortnight ago - and 76 more deaths
Is it finally working? UK announces its LOWEST number of coronavirus daily deaths since March 29 with 229 more fatalities - taking Britain's official count to 28,675 as the path towards claiming the worst rate in Europe slows have 376 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 4, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.