Home • PC Game News • Half-Life: Alyx • Natalie Clayton Contributor 30th May 2020 / 11:49AM Since the moment Half-Life: Alyx launched in VR, folks have been trying to detach it from its headset requirements. To be fair, I get it – that the first Half-Life game in a decade would be restricted to expensive tech felt a little demoralising. But this weekend, one modder brought that dream closer to reality by quietly releasing Pancake Base, a mod that aims to make Alyx play just like its older siblings by giving our leading lady the sturdy, first-person arms of Half-Life 2‘s Gordon Freeman. Goutrial (the indie developer and YouTuber who purportedly put the whole thing together) posted a brief clip of Half-Life: Alyx that looked a little closer to its older predecessors – an alternate world where Half-Life’s long-awaited return didn’t require shelling out for expensive plastic headsets. To experience this #content, you will need to enable targeting cookies. Yes, we know. Sorry.Manage cookie settings Unlike an earlier attempt at VR-free Alyx, this mod doesn’t try to simulate floating virtual hands on a keyboard and mouse. Instead, the developer has traded them out for Gordon Freeman’s sturdier, time-tested first-person… Read full this story
- Smart play: Celtics should focus on their own free agents
- Piston Slap: The Lambda V6 Half Life?
- Titans bonding by playing real-life version of Fortnite
- Toyota HiLux Tonka Concept Ready to Play in Life-Size Sandbox
- Piston Slap: The Lambda V6 Half Life? (Part II)
- Five things we’ve learned through four days of free agency
- Report: Andre Iguodala is pain-free, nearing return
- Aaron Rodgers Injury Update: Will The Green Bay Packers' Quarterback Play In Week 2?
- Victor Martinez to play his final games this weekend
- Report: Klay Thompson receiving around-the-clock treatment to play in Game 2
Play Half-Life: Alyx as a more traditional shooter in this VR-free mod have 302 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at May 30, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.