A new projection shows the United States could record over 200,000 COVID-19 deaths by October Beijing closes schools, cuts travel links after a new outbreak More than 1.7 billion people have an underlying medical condition putting them at risk of a severe COVID-19 infection Many European countries, including Germany and France, have reopened their borders to non-essential travel for Europeans There have been over 8 million confirmed cases worldwide, with over 435,000 deaths All times in GMT/UTC 23:18 Health insurance companies in the US will be expected to cover a coronavirus vaccine without charging copays, US officials told a press briefing. Once a vaccine becomes available, it should be distributed to the most vulnerable people first, Trump administration officials said, adding that they have been talking with insurers about offering vaccines at no cost to the public. The White House has launched a vaccine development initiative dubbed “Operation Warp Speed,” aimed at having at least 300 million doses of a vaccine available by next year. Candidate vaccines are currently in early trials. 21:50 Brazil reported 34,918 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours, a record number of infections in a single day. With a total of 923,189 cases, Brazil is second to… Read full this story
- Family of 33-year-old graduate feared to be among the 39 Essex lorry victims slam the ‘cruel and evil’ people smugglers responsible for taking their ‘loving son’ to England
- 'We are a target': wave of xenophobic attacks sweeps Johannesburg
- 'These babies should not have died': How the measles outbreak took hold in Samoa
- Fear and ignorance as ebola 'out of control' in parts of west Africa
- Will China Be NATO's Next Challenge? Alliance Eyes Beijing's Rise While Mired in Infighting
- US Meddling in Latin America Makes Panama's Pivot to Beijing an Easy Decision
- Deadly Heat Waves Intensify as Summers Sizzle (Op-Ed)
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks ride Wall St wave to 18-month peak, pound slips
- Cannes: What Will Become of Zhang Yimou's Censored Masterpiece 'One Second'?
- Full Transcript: Donald Trump Calls on Saudi Arabia and Arab Leaders to Combat 'Crisis of Islamist Extremism'
Coronavirus latest: Beijing outbreak 'extremely severe' as fears grow over second wave have 330 words, post on www.dw.com at June 16, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.