VIDEO: Watch the full reveal and Dean Hall interview from the PC Gaming Show above. Also on YouTube . On the The PC Gaming Show today we got our first look at the next survival game from DayZ creator Dean Hall and studio Rocketwerkz. It’s called Icarus, and it will be free-to-play. Also, interestingly, Icarus is a session-based game, rather than an open-ended survival game like DayZ. The teaser trailer shows astronauts as they descend from a space station to mine resources from the surface of an alien planet. We see some trees getting chopped with a stone-age axe, a boxy fort being built, animals being hunted with bow and arrow, and a futuristic vehicle being driven through the primitive world—which looks an awful lot like the same activities we’ve seen in numerous survival games over the past decade or so. But Hall revealed a lot more about how Icarus works, and the survival game is playing with a few interesting concepts—some inspired by games that aren’t part of the survival genre at all. Players in Icarus start out in a space station orbiting an alien planet. You can invite your friends to your station (Hall compares it to bringing… Read full this story
- A brief history of The Zone, the sci-fi idea that swallows everything
- The 12 greatest video game 'Easter eggs'
- The 35 greatest horror games of all time
- Best Gear VR apps and games
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ House Targaryen Prequel From George R.R. Martin & Ryan Condal Nears HBO Pilot Order
- Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Sets Record With 32 Total Noms, HBO & Netflix Top Networks – Full List
- 12 stand-out game worlds you'll never forget
- 9 cool games that barely escaped development hell
- The Division: five things you need to know about Ubisoft's online shooter
- Comic Book Reviews for This Week: 11/20/2019
Icarus is a sci-fi co-op survival game from DayZ creator Dean Hall have 299 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at June 13, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.