I hope they change the Torchlight 3 map. That seems like sort of a sulky, entitled thing to say, and it probably is, but I’m a massive fan of fantasy maps and maps in general, and I think Torchlight 3’s current map does it no favours. When you load up the game you get a screen with a lovely map – scattered land masses and age-stained ink. But in the game the map you actually use is the linear path from a thousand free-to-play puzzlers. The line muddles along like something out of Candyland and the places you visit are separated from the surface of the map somehow – it’s more like a selection of novelty cakes than a map. Nothing wrong with free-to-play puzzlers at all! But this map seems to be a glaring reminder of the journey Torchlight 3 has taken to its current paid early access release on Steam. Torchlight 3 started as a free-to-play affair, I gather. And the map tells you that. It promises stuff to do and progression that goes on forever, content without much context. The places in the game are actually much more traditionally Torchlight than this map makes out, incidentally -… Read full this story
- The Lonely Master: From March Madness to Shanghai, the unlikely journey of Jimmer Fredette
- Meet Lorenzo Carter, Giants' orange-haired rookie starting in Olivier Vernon's absence
- Knicks can take revenge on Warriors by stealing Kevin Durant
- Tesla 3Q production numbers up but can they be sustained?
- Kurtenbach: Amid the Raiders chaos, don’t ignore the real problem
- Full transcript: "Face the Nation" on August 26, 2018
- POLITICO Playbook: The plans for McCain’s memorial and burial … Sneak peek at Mark Leibovich’s new book
- Yelp reviewers are brutally honest about the San Antonio River Walk's top restaurants
- How ‘Ben-Hur’ filmed that 3-D chariot race
- Ohio State football: Ryan Day, Kevin Wilson and the beauty of play calling clarity
Torchlight 3's a bit of a mess but I have faith have 309 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at June 18, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.