(CNN) — Having experienced the devastating effects of Covid-19 firsthand, Tom Hanks is urging people to do their part in preventing the virus from spreading even further. “The idea of doing one’s part should be so simple,” the 63-year-old actor said on the “TODAY” show Tuesday in his first TV interview since recovering from Covid-19. “Wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands. That alone means you are contributing to the betterment of your house, your work, your town, your society as a whole and it’s such a small thing,” Hanks said. “It’s a mystery to me how somehow that has been wiped out of what should be ingrained in the behavior of us all. Simple things. Do your part,” he added. The 63-year-old actor and his wife, Rita Wilson, both tested positive back in March, both being some of the first celebrities to announce that they had contracted the virus and shocking their fans. While many of those who are infected with the coronavirus may not experience severe symptoms or even be asymptomatic, Hanks said we shouldn’t forget the fact that “it’s killing people.” As for their own battles with Covid-19, Hanks told The Guardian that he and his… Read full this story
- Edelstein: Tom Hanks Is Better Than Ever in
- Henry Winkler Opens Up About 30 Year Feud with Tom Hanks Over Turner & Hooch
- Tom Herman Says ‘There’s A Strong Case’ For Letting College Football Players Get Paid For Using Their Likeness
- 'We're at War' Against Trump and Fox News' 'Jihad' on Mueller's Russia Investigation, Tom Brokaw Says
- Tom Steyer Says President Trump Only Opposes Immigration By ‘Non-White People’
- Hallmark Broke Families’ Trust With Lesbian Ads, One Million Moms Director Says
- On Deception: Understanding Lies in One Simple Step
- Stylish frequent flyer reveals the ONE pair of comfortable pants she wears on plane trips - and the clothing she avoids no matter what
- What made Tom Holland say yes to 'Spies In Disguise'
- The Head of Verizon Media's Red Team Has One Simple Security Tip
‘Doing One’s Part Should Be So Simple’ Tom Hanks Says Of Mask Wearing have 333 words, post on sacramento.cbslocal.com at July 7, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.