Jimmy Anderson is the fast bowler to take 600 Test wickets. IMAGE: James Anderson celebrates taking 600 wickets in Test cricket, during the third Test against Pakistan in Southampton, August 25, 2020. Photograph: Stu Forster/Getty Images for ECB England’s James Anderson became the first pace bowler to take 600 Test wickets, reaching the milestone in the third and final Test against Pakistan in Southampton on August 25, 2020. The 38-year-old pacer, who made his Test debut in 2003, took 156 matches to reach the coveted 600 wicket mark in Test cricket. He is the fourth-highest wicket-taker in the longer format after Sri Lankan Mutthiah Muralitharan (800), Australia’s Shane Warne (708) and India’s Anil Kumble (619). Among current players, only compatriot Stuart Broad with 514 wickets from 143 games has a realistic chance of getting to Anderson’s 600 wicket mark. Pace bowlers with most wickets in Test cricket TestsBallsRunsWicketsBestAverageStrike Rate5WI10WM James Anderson 156 33,745 16,078 600 7/42 26.79 56.24 29 3 Glenn McGrath 124 29,248 12,186 563 8/24 21.64 51.95 29 3 Courtney Walsh 132 30,019 12,688 519 7/37 24.44 57.84 22 3 Stuart Broad 143 29,004 14,216 514 8/15 27.65 56.43 18 3 Dale Steyn 93 18,608 10,077 439 7/51… Read full this story
- Sachin Tendulkar: Bowl in the fifth-stump channel to Steven Smith
- Which is the most terrifying spell of fast bowling ever bowled?
- ‘You need that kind of pace’: Mohammed Shami confident India’s fast bowlers can repeat 2018/19 heroics
- If Australia can bowl us out, so can we, says Harbhajan
- ‘I’ve never seen Sachin bat like that before’: Inzamam-ul-Haq picks Tendulkar’s ‘best innings’
- On this day in 1989, Sachin Tendulkar made his Test debut against Pakistan
- Unorthodox Steve Smith will require fifth off-stump line bowling: Tendulkar to Indian pacers
- India vs Australia: ‘He needs to be tested’ - Sachin Tendulkar derives plan to get Steve Smith out
- Australia vs India: Sachin Tendulkar reveals perfect game plan to keep Steve Smith quiet in Test series
- Sachin Tendulkar walks off with tears
Is Jimmy the Sachin of fast bowling? have 277 words, post on www.rediff.com at August 29, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.