When a celebrity dies, fans can be left heartbroken by the tragic loss, but it can also lead to the celebration of a legacy they left behind. Whether it’s entertaining millions, inspiring people or helping to change the world for the better in some way, their contributions affect many of our lives, often in very significant ways. In 2020 we’ve said goodbye to a number of public figures from the world of stage, screen, sport, music and more. Among them were British acting legends Dame Diana Rigg and Dame Barbara Windsor, Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, James Bond icon Sean Connery, musician Bill Withers, and beloved entertainer Des O’Connor. Here’s a look at the people we’ve lost this year whose influence will be felt for a long time to come. DECEMBER Pierre Cardin Fashion designer Pierre Cardin died on December 29 aged 98. The French couture legend worked for Dior in his twenties, before founding his own ladies boutique in 1954. Cardin’s early designs were worn by Hollywood royalty, including Rita Hayworth, Elizabeth Taylor and Brigitte Bardot. He also designed the iconic grey collarless suits worn by the Beatles in the 1960s, and helped bring high fashion to the high… Read full this story
- Andrew Brady's heartfelt tribute to Caroline Flack after apologising to Lewis Burton
- Caroline Flack will make final on-screen appearance in Steve Coogan film Greed
- Caroline Flack looks furious and tense with boyfriend Lewis Burton on luxurious yacht
- Olly Murs says he 'hurts every day' after losing pal Caroline Flack to suicide
- 'All I wanted to do was hide away': Joe Swash discusses grieving the loss of his friend Caroline Flack as he says 'I love and miss her dearly'
- Celebrity MasterChef 2020 lineup – who is appearing on the Christmas special?
- EXCLUSIVE '2020 is not the year for my love life sadly': The Voice UK's AJ Odudu claims COVID-19 ruined her dating prospects and reveals what she now looks for in a partner
- Piers Morgan's scorn for 'poisonous' David Walliams - BGT row and 'two-faced' slurs
- Love Island's Malin Andersson posts poignant tribute to Sophie Gradon two years after suicide
- Alyssa Milano, Jim Gaffigan and Other Celebrities Condemn Donald Trump's White Supremacy Remarks
Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Caroline Flack to Stella Tennant have 359 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 19, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.