The first evictee from Bake Off believes it was fate that she was the first person to go – as it meant she left the show’s bubble in time for her grandmother’s funeral. Loriea Campbell-Clarey, 27, from Durham was the first baker to leave the tent after trying some unusual cake flavours on the opening show including a chili chocolate sponge in her final bake with scotch bonnet chili powder which the judges said was "overwhelming". But she has no regrets and revealed: "I was happy with what I baked and I wouldn't have changed anything, everything happens for a reason. "A bittersweet moment was that I wouldn't have been able to go to my grandmother's funeral if I had still been in the tent. So the timing was right that I left the tent when I did, as it meant I could be with my family and give a farewell to my grandmother." Contestants and hosts and crew all stayed at Down Hall Hotel in Hatfield Heath, Essex throughout filming in a giant bubble and were not allowed to leave until they left the competition. The Great British Bake Off 2020 had its first casualty as Loriea Campbell-Clarey was… Read full this story
- The balm of the baking show
- 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' orbits onto DVD and Blu-ray
- Peter Dinklage Teases Tyrion’s ‘Game of Thrones’ Series Finale Fate: ‘Death Can Be a Great Way Out’
- Separated at birth, he finally finds his family
- 2018 Fall Theater Preview: Great Lakes Theater's 'Mamma Mia!' and 'Pride and Prejudice' stars having time of their lives
- Burt Reynolds, Oscar-Nominated Star of ‘Boogie Nights’ and ‘Smokey and the Bandit,’ Dies at 82
- Indian-Born Pop Star Seysei Is Bringing Pop Performances To Dallas
- Burt Reynolds: Social media reaction to star’s death
- Tom Papa on getting 'Baked' in Boston and texting Matt Damon
- Is 'A Star Is Born' Great American Mythmaking Or Cliched Trash? A Debate.
Great British Bake Off star says it was 'fate' she left show first after family heartache have 326 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 22, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.