TGIF! Welcome to Overnight Energy, The Hill’s roundup of the latest energy and environment news. Please send tips and comments to Rebecca Beitsch at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter: @rebeccabeitsch. Reach Rachel Frazin at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter: @RachelFrazin.CLICK HERE to subscribe to our newsletter.Programming note: There will be no Overnight Energy on Monday. We’ll be back on Tuesday. ADVERTISEMENTESA ON THE WAY: The Trump administration is proposing another measure that critics say will harm endangered species, proposing Friday to further weigh economic impacts before setting aside habitat that could aid their recovery.The proposal from the Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) would change what the agency considers before designating new so-called critical habitat, a move that would give more weight to the financial impacts on the oil and gas industry, ranchers and even homeowners.Environmentalists fear the rule would tilt the process to the favor of industry after the administration has already finalized a major rollback of the Endangered Species Act (ESA).“If this proposal and the others put forward by the Trump administration are allowed to stand, it will be death by a thousand cuts for endangered wildlife across the country. Critical habitat is just that — critical for species’ survival and recovery…. Read full this story
- Trump’s Endangered Species Act Overhaul Could Have a Weird Side Effect
- Trump Administration Granting Wish Lists for Coal, Oil and Gas
- Trump rollbacks for fossil fuel industries carry steep cost
- ‘FinTech’: A Way to Make Money From Mobile?
- Will Trump-Friendly Sinclair Face Consequences for ‘Fake Stories’ Script?
- Trump proposes overhaul to Endangered Species Act
- What roadkill says about the insatiability of human speed – Gary Kroll
- The effort to save red wolves in the wild is failing, a five-year review says
- Critics Say 'Whoa' to U.S. Moves to Rein in Wild Horses
- GM proposes nationwide zero-emissions vehicle sales mandate
OVERNIGHT ENERGY: Trump proposal would make it tougher to protect habitat for endangered species, critics say | Trump administration proposes timber sale in Tongass National Forest have 313 words, post on thehill.com at September 4, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.