In brief: Do you worry that your NVMe SSD might suddenly up and die on you? In the latest Insider Preview Build of Windows 10, the OS will alert you of your drive’s health, including its estimated remaining life. Windows10 Build 20266, which is now available to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel, introduces storage health monitoring designed to inform users of any abnormalities in their NVMe solid-state drive, giving them time to back up their data before it’s potentially lost forever. In addition to detecting issues, the feature will show the drive’s estimated remaining life, available space, and its temperature. Notifications will arrive when spare storage capacity is low, the SSD’s reliability is degraded due to “significant media-related errors or an internal error to the NVM subsystem,” or if the drive is set to read-only. “It is strongly recommended that users immediately back up their data after receiving a notification,” writes Microsoft. Users who receive an alert can click on the message or go to Start > Settings > System > Storage > Manage disks and volumes > Properties to get more details about the drive and the detected issues. The feature only works with NVMe SSDs right now…. Read full this story
- Could this be the new Windows 10 Start Menu that lacks Live Tiles?
- New Windows 10 Start menu: Microsoft shows this new design that sidelines Live Tiles
- New Windows 10 update: Microsoft tries again to fix Search bugs
- Microsoft drops Cortana consumer skills in new Windows 10 update
- Cortana will now help you set up a new Windows 10 PC with your voice
- What's popular on Netflix: A look at the streaming service's new Top 10 feature
- Next for Windows 10: What to expect from the May 2019 Update -- aka version 1903
- 6 steps to secure your Windows 10 machine, because security defaults aren't enough
- Microsoft starts testing its new Cortana app as part of its latest Windows 10 20H1 Fast Ring build
- Netflix to release ‘Top 10’ feature so you don’t miss out on popular TV series, films in your country
New Windows 10 feature alerts users if their SSD is about to fail have 330 words, post on www.techspot.com at October 1, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.