The acquisition of Bethesda parent ZeniMax Media by Microsoft has been one of the largest deals in the history of gaming, and one that Bethesda creative director Todd Howard believes will result in an even better future for the industry. In an interview with GamesIndustry.Biz, Howard said that Microsoft hasn’t decided what its approach to console exclusivity will be, but that it will be “hard to imagine” the two companies not launching a game like The Elder Scrolls 6 on other platforms as well.Bethesda had largely been an independent producer and publisher of games before the deal was accepted and work began on finalizing the merger.”Once the shock wore off, there was just huge excitement given the relationship we’ve had [with Microsoft] and what the road looks like ahead–not just for us but the gaming industry,” Howard said about how Bethesda reacted to the news internally. “We’re very much aligned, and have been for a long time, with the same vision as to where gaming is going and how we can be ambassadors and drive that forward.”Bethesda will still publish its own games, as the company will be “giving up very little,” according to Howard. “[Microsoft is] very creator-driven, we’re… Read full this story
- Bethesda puts Elder Scrolls: Legends on indefinite hold
- Bethesda halts new content development for The Elder Scrolls: Legends
- Elder Scrolls Legends off to Skyrim in first expansion
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends development on hold
- Bethesda Ends Development on The Elder Scrolls: Legends
- E3 2019: Elder Scrolls 6 And Starfield -- Bethesda Shares How They're Shaping Up
- E3 2018: Elder Scrolls Legends Coming To Switch; PS4/Xbox One, Too
- Bethesda puts development of card-battler The Elder Scrolls: Legends "on-hold"
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends - Alliance War exclusive card reveal
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends--Bethesda Is No Longer Developing New Content
Todd Howard Says It's "Hard To Imagine" The Elder Scrolls 6 Being An Xbox Exclusive have 311 words, post on www.gamespot.com at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.