It’s an exhilarating time to play games. The Xbox Series X and PS5! The next generation of consoles is almost in our hands! It’s time to say goodbye to loading screens and hello to fun new possibilities.New consoles have historically meant new controllers, though. As a disabled gamer with accessibility requirements, the news of a next-generation controller creates fear and uncertainty, and these emotions are echoed by many disabled gamers. I’ve experienced this fear during the previous generation’s move to the Dualshock 4. For a while, I thought my only option was to hang up my gaming gloves. But in fact, that was when I discovered the gaming accessibility community and realised that the gaming industry was working to become more inclusive. And it has. This generation has given us games with ground-breaking accessibility settings like Gears 5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and The Last of Us 2. And now, these next-gen consoles will be the first generation where accessibility thinking is truly present from the start, ready for game developers to innovate further. It makes a difference. I have spent years of effort to create an optimal gaming setup using an adapted PS4 controller. With muscle weakness or… Read full this story
- Amazon halves Eero mesh Wi-Fi price to $249 with third-generation products
- Justin Haskins: AOC’s new scheme would destroy US economy, create gigantic government and raise your taxes
- US gun control systm
- New smears, new bizarre tales: Trump made 79 false claims last week
- Where did Princess Margaret get £20m and how about the Queen mother's £70m legacy? In his controversial new book, MP Norman Baker examines the family's finances as he accuses the Windsors of Right Royal Robbery
- Google’s quantum bet on the future of AI—and what it means for humanity
- Facebook's new Portal smart displays: Who's listening and what's happening to your data?
- Army sets bar 'very high' for new optionally-manned fighting vehicle
- New Technical Writer: Use the Persona to Create the Most Useful Section of Your User Document
- Intimus Announces the New Intimus 45cc4 Pro Cross-Cut Shredder - 230V
What do the new generation's controllers mean for accessibility? have 352 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.