While rivals have warned of Google’s privacy problems and market dominance through monopoly power, many are reportedly hesitant to pursue antitrust measures due to their reliance on the tech giant’s money. In the case of Mozilla, which makes the Firefox browser to rival Google’s Chrome, the vast majority of its revenue comes from an agreement to make Google the browser’s default search option.Bloomberg reports that while many companies such as Mozilla, the maker of the Firefox web browser, have been vocal about their worries relating to Google’s market dominance, as the government draws closer to a full antitrust action some are beginning to hesitate due to their reliance on Google’s money. Mozilla, for example, has been sounding the alarm on Google for some time after Google undercut its Firefox web browser by using its vast engineering resources, financial muscle, and allegedly dirty tricks to promote its Chrome web browser. Since then, Mozilla has gone to great efforts to raise awareness of Google’s business practices, at one point even purchasing a billboard in the Bay Area that read “Big Browser Is Watching You,” with the “browser” designed to look similar to the Google logo. But just hours after the Department of Justice… Read full this story
- AT&T and Verizon both want to run massive ad-tracking networks to rival Facebook
- Google Is Giving Away AI That Can Build Your Genome Sequence
- What's the difference between Android Pay and the new Google Wallet?
- Oakland: the city that told Google to get lost
- These are the best Google Pixel deals for March 2020
- These products and services work with Google Assistant and Nest
- It sounds too good to be true, but after years of training top bosses, two experts have devised a diet that claims it'll make you slim and rich
- Samsung unveils its new Galaxy S20 family of smartphones with full-screen displays, 5G support and 'pro-grade' triple and quad-lens cameras starting at £799
- Bloomberg stages massive media barrage against Sanders, prepares for critical debate showdown
- Meet a new generation of rising stars of the Indian diaspora making a mark in diverse fields around the world
Massive Flow of Google Cash Makes Rivals Hesitant to Support Antitrust Action have 353 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.