Sony’s Jim Ryan has hinted that PlayStation may have a response to Xbox Game Pass in the works.Speaking to Russian outlet Tass this week, Ryan was asked how Sony plans to respond to Microsoft’s Game Pass initiative. “There is actually news to come, but just not today,” Ryan answered. “We have PlayStation Now which is our subscription service, and that is available in a number of markets.”It certainly sounds as though PlayStation might be gearing up to compete with Xbox Game Pass. As Ryan mentions, PlayStation Now offers a digital game streaming service on PlayStation platforms including the PS5, but Ryan’s comments seem to indicate that there’s something else in the works.Elsewhere in the interview with Tass, Ryan comments very briefly on Starfield potentially being an Xbox exclusive, after Microsoft’s purchase of Bethesda earlier this year. “That’s a decision that is out of our hands,” Ryan said when asked if there was a possibility PlayStation players wouldn’t be able to play Starfield or The Elder Scrolls 6. “We’ll wait and see what happens. I look forward to learning about that.”Xbox Game Pass is currently available on PC, Xbox consoles, and Android devices. Hundreds of games from both Xbox-owned studios and… Read full this story
- Xbox Games with Gold: April 2019 Free Games Include Technomancer and Outcast
- After Rams-Saints NFC title game pass interference no-call debacle, NFL overhauls replay review rules
- The 2 best Xbox services are reportedly coming together to form an 'ultimate' version that would cost less per month (MSFT)
- Xbox One ‘Redacted’ News Hits Tuesday (Watch)
- Most Anticipated Games of 2019
- Gaming News: Finally some name changes
- February video game release schedule is stacked
- Xbox Will Hold Its E3 2019 Briefing on Jun. 9
- Is the future of gaming in streaming?
- Sony just confirmed a hugely important part of the PlayStation 5: It can run PlayStation 4 games (SNE)
PlayStation boss hints at a response to Xbox Game Pass have 323 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at November 20, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.