Dang Huy Dong, head of the Planning and Development Institute in Hanoi, said at a forum on Tuesday that at least in the next five years capital flows would be inadequate to meet this demand.While international capital flows are abundant, there is high competition for it, he said, adding that foreign lenders also have high standards.Echoing him, Nguyen Duc Hien, deputy head of the Central Economic Committee, said borrowing domestically is difficult while there are obstacles to FDI in the power sector.Other analysts have warned that since energy is a sensitive industry which has a direct impact on the economy, the government needs to be selective and ensure foreign investors do not bring low technologies or seek to control the country’s resources.But there are funding sources available. Fabrice Henry, CEO of U.S. advisory firm Astris Finance Llc, said in the Asia Pacific region around $80 billion is invested annually in the energy sector.There are several sources of finance, including development agencies, export credit agencies, banks, and the bond market, all ready to invest in Vietnam, he added.The keys to accessing these funds are a transparent legal framework and a thorough risk allocation process, he added.
- Vietnam needs more efforts to lure new FDI wave
- Vietnam needs fortified investment law to ensure national security: lawmakers
- Vietnam needs to boost public spending for economic recovery
- Vietnam caps price of wind power to be imported from Laos at 6.95 cents
- Vietnam struggles with plastic waste management
- WB report provides policy advice for Vietnam to maintain quality growth
- US-led trade network could strengthen Vietnam’s place in global supply chains
- Vietnam's 4.5 millions people remain shortage of clean water
- Al Gore: Coal industry campaign on energy poverty is extremely misleading
- Vietnam to study health standard validation before reopening to foreign tourists
Vietnam needs $150 bln for energy development have 293 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.