Green Monday Group, a Hong Kong-based plant-based meat company, opened its first restaurant in Chinese mainland in Shanghai on Wednesday. The restaurant Green Common, is located at Raffles City Changning, and provides a variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes, drinks and retail snacks. Besides the company’s own OmniFoods series, such as plant-based pork mince and luncheon meat, the restaurants also offers products from other popular plant-based brands, including plant-based beef from Beyond Meat, vegan chicken from Heura and oatmilk from Califia Farms. David Yeung, founder of the company, said, “Food is never just about feeding one’s stomach, because dining is also a social experience which contains emotional and cultural elements. The restaurant aims to provide the public a one-stop experience of plant-based foods and sustainable lifestyle.” The dishes on the restaurant’s menu include many Asian cuisines prepared with plant-based meat, such as spicy “chicken”, OmniPork wonton and “spam” musubi, with appetizers priced around 35 yuan ($5) and main courses around 70 yuan. “The diet of humans must change because the Earth cannot feed the ever-growing population on this planet,” he said. “Producing plant-based meat can save a lot more resources than animal meat.” With more people concerned about sustainability and… Read full this story
- Guide To Hudson Yards: The Food, The Public Space, The Buildings, And More
- Colorado Springs drive-through wins customers with vegan grub
- The 14 Best New Burgers In NYC
- Is CBD Legal In New York? Where Can I Get It? How Much Should I Take? Will It Get Me High?
- Trekking the fish taco trail along the Baja coast
- At the Canadian border, there's no wall—but plenty of people watching
- We all go to the same place. Let us go there slowly.
- The VW-Ford Partnership Is Going Autonomous
- Is Ford Bringing an Actual Small Truck Back to the U.S.?
- 40 Countries Agree to Make Automatic Emergency Braking Standard
HK plant-based meat firm opens 1st eatery in mainland have 305 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.