Editor’s take: A masterpiece of video game literature, and a technical disaster. Although not everyone seems to be having issues with Cyberpunk 2077, a portion of gamers keeps having issues even on fast hardware. Thus Cyberpunk is set to stand among titles like The Witcher 3 and Skyrim as yet another game saved by inexplicably dedicated fans. (All hail the modders.) Instead of playing the long-awaited title, our unpaid heroes have gotten to work fixing the game’s coding errors and have created a one-line patch that significantly improves performance on most AMD processors. Let’s begin with the obvious: yes, it’s disappointing that an expensive game, which spent the better part of a decade in development, was released with a one-line error. But this article isn’t about that, it’s about the bizarre solution.Yesterday, redditors noticed that on AMD hardware, Cyberpunk 2077 was mostly using physical cores and leaving the secondary logical cores idle. In other words, the game was ignoring the processor’s simultaneous-multithreading capability. On Ryzen processors of moderate performance, this limited processor utilization to about 40-60%, depending on other factors in the system. The cause of this quirk was first erroneously attributed to the Intel compiler (which can cause this… Read full this story
- Intel’s First 10nm CPUs Have Been Spotted in the Wild
- Dow Jones Falls After Big Gains; Macy's Soars On Earnings; Walmart, Cisco, Applied Materials Fall: Weekly Review
- How Will the Meltdown and Spectre Flaws Affect My PC?
- Intel Shares New Details on 10nm Delay, Future 14nm Products
- Nigeria: CBN
- Lenovo Group reported USD 45.3 billion in revenue for the fiscal year 2017-2018
- Stocks market rally likely as PFAs comply with multi-fund structure
- EMERGING MARKETS-Dollar and data hit EM stocks; Turkey and Argentina suffer
- H.S. Baseball/Softball: Gilford a good example of pitching dominance
- India Markets Weekahead: Correction presents an opportunity to buy
Reddit's patch for Cyberpunk 2077 yields double-digit performance gains on AMD CPUs have 305 words, post on www.techspot.com at December 13, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.