Storm Bella will bring severe gales and heavy rain on Boxing Day, the Met Office has warned. Its arrival will bring winds of up to 70mph in exposed coastal locations and further downpours, with damage to buildings, flying debris, severe flooding, and power cuts expected. Brits in affected areas are being warned to look out for falling tiles from roofs and travel cancellations. Mobile phone coverage may even be affected as Brits battle the storm. The Met Office said: “Storm Bella will bring disruption to travel and utilities over parts of south and southeast England and south Wales. “Very strong southwesterly winds are expected for parts of south and southeast England and south Wales on Sunday morning. “Inland gusts of 50-60 mph are likely with a few spots likely to see 60-70 mph for a time. “Hills and particularly coasts exposed to the southwesterly winds will see a few gusts of 70-80 mph. “In addition to the strong winds, a period of heavy, squally rain is expected and may prove an additional hazard.” A total of 5 weather warnings are in place across the country. An amber wind warning, which warns travel could be disrupted, has been issued for parts… Read full this story
- Hurricane Dorian churns up the East Coast bringing the worst flooding in 30 YEARS and 100MPH winds as it takes aim at the Carolinas leaving at least one dead and tens of thousands without power
- Major rain: Storms and majors don't mix
- Will snow forecast impact UK football matches this weekend?
- UPDATED: Victims Identified After Tampa Bay Tornado Kills 2, Injures 5
- What Is Derecho? New York Residents React To Explosive Lightning, Thunderstorms
- Storybook Start for Bradford
- Jim Gordon May Have an Answer to our Energy Problems
- Gross High becomes latest football team to get 'smart' helmets
- Heavy rain drenches swaths of France, disrupts French Open
- Boris Johnson's bid for snap election is CRUSHED: Corbyn chickens out of letting public go to the polls as MPs inflict humiliating defeat on PM hours after passing law to stop No Deal
UK weather: Storm Bella to cause chaos on Boxing Day with 70mph gales and severe flooding have 332 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 26, 2020. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.