Selling 10.2 million digital copies in December 2020, Cyberpunk 2077 is the biggest digital game launch of all time. According to a report by industry analyst SuperData, PC games revenue jumped 40 per cent in December 2020, “thanks to the release of Cyberpunk 2077”. Interestingly, while the sale estimates do include refunds, the “data shows that refunds did not substantially affect the game’s aggregate sales”.”A successful marketing campaign and the reputation of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt provided the hype necessary for the CD Projekt Red title to break records despite issues including performance problems on consoles, widespread glitches and the indefinite removal of the game from the PlayStation Store,” the report said. “An extremely high share of digital sales (80 per cent) were on PC, likely due to the delisting on PlayStation and overall state of the console versions. “Regardless of the short-term financial success, the critical backlash means the developer will now have to invest significant resources fixing the game in order to rehabilitate its image before the launch of its next title.”The report also confirms that Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War boasted the highest earnings on console last month, with Pokemon Go dominating on mobile… Read full this story
- Confirmed Game Release Dates Of 2020: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, PC
- Claim Your Free Weekly PC Game From The Epic Game Store
- Confirmed Game Release Dates 2020: PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Switch, PC
- Here's How Much Money Activision And EA Make From Microtransactions
- Xbox Series X Pre-Order Notification Sign-Ups Available At Major Retailers
- The Cutest Animal Crossing: New Horizons Accessories, Clothes, And More
Cyberpunk 2077 is now the biggest digital game launch of all time have 262 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at January 24, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.