Society is in rapid decay. With the crime rate soaring and biochemical dependency in healthy proliferation, you are about to have the time of your life. The city is on the edge of collapse, with law and order beginning to break down completely. People are running wild, half-addled on food additives and semi-legal pharmaceutical pills. A giant corporation controls every aspect of society, from entertainment to organ transplants. Everything is polluted, dirty, unpleasant. Life has never been cheaper. It's a premise that belongs in a sourcebook for Cyberpunk 2020. Instead, improbably, it's the way Rockstar chose to introduce GTA 2. Just two years before the series unfolded in three dimensions, expanding its audience in kind, the mainline Grand Theft Auto was a rock 'n' roll sci-fi dystopia. GTA 2 belongs to an experimental period in the late '90s, when Rockstar believed the series could be basically anything. Earlier the same year, the publisher had released GTA: London 1969, a reggae-soundtracked tribute to The Italian Job. Rather than a recognisably real American city like LA or New York, GTA 2's backdrop is 'Anywhere, USA'—a post-industrial deathtrap where corps sells their drugs with slick ads on the radio, while openly engaging in… Read full this story
- Cyberpunk 2077's World Map Possibly Revealed In Art Book
- CD Projekt Red gives impressive first look at sprawling world of ‘Cyberpunk 2077’
- CD Projekt Red Is Auctioning Off a Limited-Edition Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox One X
- Minecraft players create a sprawling, futuristic in-game city inspired by Cyberpunk 2077
- Rockstar launch their own Launcher, offering GTA San Andreas for free
- Ever wondered what the author of The Witcher books thinks about the games?
- Pokemon Sword And Shield Launch Guide: Where To Get The Double Pack Including Both Games
- PlayStation Plus Games December 2019: New Free PS4 Games This Month
- Riot Games Announces Riot Forge, Teases Reveal At The Game Awards
- PlayStation Plus PS4 Games For December 2019: Get Your Free Games This Month
Cyberpunk 2077 is no GTA, but GTA 2 was a cyberpunk game have 321 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.