FarmVille publisher Zynga has acquired Torchlight 3 developer Echtra Games for an undisclosed sum. Echtra Games will now join Zynga’s portfolio of studios and work with CSR Racing developer NaturalMotion on “a new, yet to be announced RPG for cross-platform play”. In a statement on the purchase, reported by GamesIndustry.biz , Zynga boss Frank Gibeau said Echtra would help grow Zynga’s many mobile franchises to PC and console audiences. Echtra Games was founded in 2016 by Max Schaefer, a co-founder of original Torchlight 1 and 2 developer Runic Games and veteran of the Diablo series. Torchlight 3, the studio’s only game so far, arrived in October last year. It was a little messy upon arrival , but generally well-received. “Max and his team at Echtra Games are responsible for some of the most legendary game properties ever created, and they are experts in the action RPG genre and cross-platform development,” Gibeau said. “This acquisition will be instrumental in growing our iconic licenses and brands from mobile to PCs and consoles, while helping to further expand Zynga’s total addressable market.” There’s no mention of what this means for the future of the Torchlight series.
- At the foot of the Sugar Loaf: Substantial family home in an exclusive development in Wicklow
- Canadian couple who bought their Dublin home for a bargain €670,000 are now selling it for €3.25m
- Developer brings plans to community
- Plans for Dundee factory to become houses ‘last chance’ for site say developers
- Cork has a second wind in its development sails 12 years on
- Children explore museums by torchlight
- Zynga Inc
- Dundee developer to double staff after video game deal
- Bristol developer slammed for building home 'with 700 faults'
- Housing developer slammed for building home 'with 700 faults'
Torchlight 3 developer bought by Zynga have 276 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.