The last year has been more than a bit strange. The vast majority of us have been trapped in our homes while a horrible, terrifying virus spreads. However, one of our refuges – something we have all relied upon during the pandemic – has been the television. Whether watching movies, TV shows, or playing video games, we have all found sanctuary within on-screen entertainment. In particular, streaming services have come on leaps and bounds. We have seen the launch of HBO Max, Peacock, and even Quibi (RIP). With theatrical releases few and far between, event cinema has moved to the small screen, with Soul and Wonder Woman 1984 being available from the comfort of our living rooms on release day. These events have unified us and shown the sheer power and importance of storytelling in a time of crisis. The first show to pique our collective interest was Tiger King, a Netflix documentary that chronicles the story of Joe Exotic, his big cat obsession, and an alleged murder plot against animal rights advocate Carole Baskin. The series premiered at just the right time to capture our attention, releasing on March 20, 2020, as lockdowns around the world were coming into… Read full this story
- Mask-Resistant North Dakota Town Battles Pandemic Spike
- Covid-19 pandemic: A new ray of hope for the jewellery segment?
- WHO: Since WWII, No Crisis Demonstrates Need for UN More Than COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Worsens Hunger, Malnutrition in Parts of Africa
- Rapid COVID-19 Tests Offer New Tools To Slow Pandemic
- South Korean Box Office Sales Slump During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Is Kapil Sharma Getting A Huge Amount For His Debut Web Series?
- Rationalising growth through storytelling
- Eurozone crisis: Greek bailout payment approved on anniversary of Draghi's 'whatever it takes' speech
- How can we wrap our brains around the climate crisis?
Storytelling is crucial to getting through crisis – as the pandemic has shown us have 291 words, post on www.gamesradar.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.