Epic Games has officially purchased Artstation , the website that is seen as the go-to hub for professional artists in the video game industry to upload their portfolios to. Also used by a large number of art professionals in the film industry, the website allows users and fans to see just how much work goes into creating the visual architecture that studios use to define the style and tone of a video game. As part of its business model, Artstation runs a marketplace that is full of learning tutorials and resources for professionals and amateur artists alike, who are all looking to expand their set of skills. Now that Epic has acquired the website, it has already dropped the standard marketplace fee from 30% to 12%, much like it did with the Epic Games Store and the revenue that game studios can earn from selling a game on its digital distribution platform. Epic has also made tutorials in ArtStation’s learning section free until the end of the year, which include valuable lectures from artists such as Disney’s Kevin Lima and LucasFilm’s Terryl Whitlatch. Artstation says that it will continue to operate as an “independently branded platform owned by Epic Games.”… Read full this story
- Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney On War With Apple And Google, ‘Fortnite’ Movie Premieres, Future Of Virtual Worlds & More
- Apple to slash its App store commission fee to 15% for developers making up to $1 million in sales per year – but Epic Games and Spotify say it is a 'window dressing' to 'preserve its monopoly'
- Epic Games brings Apple legal stoush to Australia
- Why Fortnite maker is unhappy with Apple reducing fee for developers
- Apple lowers app store fees for small developers, critics say move has little impact
- Indie marketplace Itch.io will give developers 100 percent of sales revenue on Black Friday
- Apple lowers App Store fees for small developers, but critics say move has little impact
- Apple iPhone 12 mini Review: Does it offer better value than the iPhone 12?
- Apple just halved its App Store fee for almost every developer and now Google needs to do one better
- Fortnite fight: Epic lawsuit vs. Apple's App Store aims for leverage, pressure, and a better deal
Epic Games Has Bought Artstation, Drops Marketplace Fees To 12% have 358 words, post on www.gamespot.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on GameMax. If you want remove this page, please contact us.